Thank you for choosing Wilderness Tours! We are excited to be opening up for the 2020 season.
Due to Covid 19, we have move our operations to the National Whitewater Park. We ask for patience as during our transition as well as final construction.
Wilderness Tours’ is now located at 1260 Grants Settlement Rd.
Whether you are a returning guest or new to Wilderness Tours’ we will be doing everything we can to ensure we are offering you a great experience on and off the river, that being said we have had to modify some of our programming and trips for your safety and the safety of our guides and staff. Please be patient and understanding of our new and extra procedures. By now, this is nothing new to everyone. We are asking that you be positive and help us navigate these different times smoothly.
Check ins; will happen from your car at our Gatehut, which is the first small building you will see upon arrival at 1260 Grants Settlement Rd. Please stay in your car, and be patient as there might be a line up. Please have your reservation number ready, and online waivers MUST be completed prior to arrival. (as there will not be any paper waivers/ or waiver stations to complete your waiver.)
WHEN COMING RAFTING WITH US, HERE IS WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO:
1. Please do not come rafting if you feel sick or have symptoms of Corona Virus, have been around someone who is sick, or have returned back to Canada within 14 days of the trip date.
2. Practice physical distancing (2 metres) as much as possible from people not in your bubble. We are all used to doing this by now. Lets keep it up! Face coverings will be worn when physical distancing isn’t possible.
3. Sanitize and wash your hands often and be ok with mandatory sanitizing times.
4. Bring a non medical face covering. Recommendations are a buff, bandana or other cotton like face covering. You might already have a few by now. Please don’t bring anything that will fall apart when it gets wet. We will be wearing face coverings on the bus ride, and in situations where 2 m spacing is not possible.
If you do not have a face covering, or forget yours, we will have buffs available for $10.
* Renfrew county has now made face coverings mandatory in any public space, this means under the pavilion, our retail store etc. *
5. Arrive with your swimsuit on under your clothes when possible. This will keep the change room less crowded and speed up the changing process while keeping physical distancing.
Best thing to wear rafting is bathing suit, shorts and quick dry tee!
6. Keep all of your personal items (besides medications) in your vehicle. Don’t bring things down the river with you that you could possibly lose or that can’t wet.
7. Sign your waiver online, before your trip. When you book, you will receive an email with your online waiver. Please fill it out and forward it along to all group members and make sure everyone has filled it out. It is mandatory to have it filled out prior to arrival.
8. Meal changes. Due to Covid-19 we can’t serve our famous river lunch on our trips this summer. Trips that normally include lunch will have a snack and drink provided instead, and lunch will be provided back at base before or after your trip.
9. Transportation. Please arrive at the Wilderness Tours/National Whitewater Park with a non medical face covering, everyone needs to wear a mask on the bus ride. (If you do not have one, we have Buffs and Bandanas in our RiverShop for sale)
10. We have moved locations! Wilderness Tours will now be operating out of 1260 Grants Settlement Rd.
11. We will be going cashless! Our retail, bar, café, and food services will only be accepting debit/credit cards.
12. Please be patient and understanding of our new and extra procedures. By now, this is nothing new to everyone. We are asking that you be positive and help us navigate these different times smoothly. We all just want to get outside and have some fun!
HERE IS WHAT WE ARE DOING:
1. Staff health being checked daily.
2. Checking the health of all guests who arrive for a rafting trip. You will be asked: Have you experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days? Have you been in contact with anyone who has been sick in the last 14 days? Have you been outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
3. We will politely enforce physical distancing and wearing of face coverings when necessary. These are 2 very important changes to our program.
4. Additional and very thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all gear worn, used and touched during each trip. Touch points will be wiped and disinfected several times during the trip.
5.We’ve added a little more ‘flex’ to our cancellation policies.
6. Outdoors as much as possible. Check in, intro and safety talks etc. will all be outdoors where we can easily maintain physical distancing. No crowded indoor spaces.
7. A limit for number of people in the washroom building at one time.
8. A limit to our total trip size. We will be having reduced trip numbers
9. Staff training on all new procedures that will be documented and signed.
10. Rotating gear. We have a lot of gear. Wetsuits, helmets, PFDs (personal flotation devices) and paddles. This means that after it is sanitized and cleaned it will be put at the back of the rotation.
11. Signage and sanitizing stations to remind all of us to wash up and keep distance from others.
12. Our staff will be provided with PPE when required.
All of this is to help keep you and our staff as safe as possible while having a great time rafting the Ottawa River.
We require everyone to comply for this to work, we are trusting you with this. Remember, we are not making the rules, we are complying with them. Anyone who doesn’t comply will be asked to leave.
We are looking forward to rafting with you this summer!